Photography pricing is based on a number of factors.
Among these are;
- Uniqueness of the image and how difficult it is to
- The costs and expenses involved in the production of the
- The market in which the image will be used.
- The value of the product or service that the image will be
used to promote.
- The relative importance of the image in the article or
advertisement in which it will appear.
It is important to understand what photography dollars are
buying. A photograph is a copyrighted work owned by the
photographer and in most cases, the copyright remains the
property of the photographer.
Unlike products, which are "purchased", a
photographic image is "licensed" for a specific use
tailored to your need. While it is possible to purchase or
buy out the copyright, doing so is usually cost prohibitive and
can amount to several thousands of dollars. Photography is
made affordable by licensing only the usage that you actually
We adhere to generally accepted industry standards and
practices as put forth by the ASMP,
the United States Copyright Office.